GYN Minimally Invasive Surgery
The gynecologists at Mount Pleasant OB/GYN are trained in the latest advances for GYN minimally invasive surgery. These techniques are safe and effective alternatives to traditional open surgery, offering reduced pain and faster recovery, among other benefits. In most cases, you can go home the same day as your surgery or with a much shorter stay in the hospital.
Understanding GYN Minimally Invasive Surgery
Your medical team explores all of your options for treatment and offers minimally invasive surgery as an alternative to open surgery. Conditions most commonly treated using minimally invasive techniques include, but are not limited to:
- Menstrual Disorders
- Ovarian Cysts
- Cervical Cancer
- Pelvic Pain
As part of your individualized treatment plan, our goal is to improve your quality of life and strive for the healthiest result. The benefits of minimally invasive techniques include:
- Smaller Incisions
- Decreased Blood Loss
- Less Pain
- Shorter or No Hospital Stay
- Faster Recovery
- Reduced Scar Tissue
- Reduced Risk of Infection
There is more than one type of minimally invasive surgical procedure. All of them involve the use of specialized tools and only small incisions if they are necessary.
- Vaginal Surgery – The least invasive technique because it does not require any abdominal incisions.
- Hysteroscopy – No incisions are necessary for this procedure in which a small tube lighted tube is inserted into the uterus. It can be used to diagnose and treat menstrual disorders and to remove polyps, fibroids, and adhesions.
- Laparoscopic Surgery – Small incisions are made in the abdomen to allow for a tiny telescope to provide a live video of the inside of the uterus, including the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
- Robotic Surgery – Using the same techniques as laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery allows for increased precision and control. This is especially valuable to treat cervical, ovarian, and uterine cancer.
Schedule Your Appointment
The caring medical team at Mount Pleasant OB/GYN is at your service to help you navigate any gynecological condition. We pride ourselves on being leaders in minimally invasive techniques that are safe and effective. Contact us to schedule an appointment at our office.