Phyllis Rogerson, MD
Joining the East Cooper Medical Group is like coming home for Dr. Phyllis Wright Rogerson, MD, since she began her career at East Cooper Hospital and spent 20 years there.
Having grown up in a small city in southwestern Virginia, Dr. Rogerson first came to the Carolinas by attending Wake Forest University for undergraduate college, later attending the Bowman Gray School of Medicine of WFU for medical school. Dr. Rogerson moved to Mount Pleasant — where she has happily remained — in 1987 to start her OB-Gyn residency at the Medical University of South Carolina.
Dr. Rogerson has enjoyed the honor of being in the same community, watching the babies she delivered play soccer with her own children, graduate high school and college (the Moultrie News keeps her informed). And now those first babies she delivered are having their own babies.
Along with her husband of 34 years, Dr. Rogerson has two grown daughters, who both live locally. She enjoys hiking in North Carolina and in the western National Parks with her husband and extended family, as well as quilting and reading. For fitness, Dr. Rogerson enjoys walking, biking and yoga — lifestyle habits she encourages in her patients.
While Dr. Rogerson is still practicing full time, she now does only office and hospital gynecology. Though she misses obstetrics, she enjoys being to focus her experience and skillset more on surgery: minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures including hysterectomy, and hysteroscopic procedures for abnormal bleeding.
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- Bowman Gray School of Medicine of Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- NBME Parts I, II, III certified in Spring 1988American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology-certified November 1992 Recertified: June 2003
- Maintenance of Certification Program: began 2009, ongoing yearly
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Charleston County Medical Society
- South Carolina Medical Association
- South Carolina Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
- THEGOS Society